UPI Apps are getting very popular day by day. It is becoming a common man needs. Here we’ll answer some of the commonly asked problems, and see “How to use UPI Apps appropriately?”
UPI stands for ‘Unified Payment Interface (UPI)’. A Unified Payment Interface (UPI) is a single-window mobile payment system developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). UPI apps are very convenient to use and one-stop fast forward solution for money transfers, it is a totally 21st-century thing.
#1 Basic requirements for UPI App activation (first time): (&f46d)
- Of course, the first thing you’ll need is a smartphone with the sim card which is linked to your bank account (must). Sim card should have a minimum balance to send one Service SMS – to verify your account.
- Debit cum ATM card for that bank account.
#2 What are the most popular UPI Apps? ()
- Tez – It is made by Google, especially for India.
(Read – First time Tez user will get ₹51 instant cash into your bank account)
- PhonPe – Its parent company is Flipkart.
(Read – PhonPe user will get ₹75 Cashback into PhonPe Wallet after first use)
- Paytm – Powered by Paytm Payments Bank.
- BHIM – Bharat Interface for Money, is made by NPCI.
#3 Common steps to register in any UPI App: (Contents)
Step 3: Now it’ll ask you to verify your account by submitting last 6 digits of your Debit cum ATM Card, Expiry date, & the CVV Number (CVV number is a 3 digit number you see on the opposite side of your name on the ATM Card)
Step 4: Final step is to create your 6 digits UPI PIN. This UPI PIN should not be shared with anyone. Keep this PIN secret.
#4 How to transact using UPI PIN? (Contents)
While sending money or paying for bills, complete your transaction using UPI PIN at the last step.
#5 Check account balance using UPI App (Contents)
|Change/Reset PIN, Check balance|
#6 Forgot UPI PIN? Steps to reset UPI PIN (Contents)
(Note: Your UPI PIN is a centralized PIN at the bank level, it is same for any UPI App)
#7 UPI Apps Safety tips (Contents)
- Do not share your UPI PIN with anyone (most important).
- Once registered a UPI App is configured to use only with that particular smartphone, if the SIM card is removed the app will no longer work.
- If in case you lost your Phone, call the customer care and block the SIM card.
- If you use UPI Apps on a regular basis you should change the UPI PIN once a while.
- Do not leave your Phone unattended to any untrustable person. If you see any unauthorized transaction immediately contact your bank.